Monday, April 12, 2010

The Weight Debate

Pregnancy + a love for food + giving in to the concept of "pregnancy cravings"= 40+ pounds. 

To be this size again, i'm pretty sure i'd have to remove a few ribs, and some of my organs.

I slacked off at first because hey, i created a life, i deserved a break.Two months post baby i've decided it's time to stop making excuses. I made excuses throughout my pregnancy, and that's why i gained more weight than i should have. If i had only gained the weight of the baby, extra fluids etc, it would have been gone within a couple months of giving birth, but it's not. If i hadn't slacked so much on exercise. If...if...if.

I've never really had a problem with staying slim, but i've always watched what i ate, exercised and had treats when i wanted them. Within a week of giving birth i lost 15lbs, Awesome. Two months later i've lost a total of 30lbs. However i have a minimum of ten more pounds to lose, and 5 more pounds after i'm done breastfeeding. (You can't restrict your calories too much or your body will stop producing milk)

I don't believe you have to gain weight as you get older, and i think even moms can be hot. I think being over weight is unhealthy, and reduces your lifespan. I don't think you have to give up flavour to eat healthy and lose weight.  I don't think you have to starve yourself, or go on a crazy low carb diet. I prefer butter to margarine, and i like bread. I hate white meat, and i love the skin on my chicken. I think you can eat healthy and still enjoy yourself.These are things i believe, you can disagree if you like. 

I've worked closely with many fitness professionals, personal trainers, and nutritionists for 8 years, so i know what to do. It's time to do it. I refuse to set a bad example for my children because i am lazy. I think we should all set higher standards for ourselves because we deserve it.

Pre Pregnancy - 130-135
9 Months Pregnant- 175 (i stopped looking at the scale at the doctors office after this point)
10 Weeks Post Pregnancy- 145
Goal-135 

So the journey begins.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...