Friday, October 22, 2010

The Summer Day

I love anything that makes me stop, think, and appreciate. Wether it be a poem or a song. Sometimes we need a little reminder. A reminder to live each day, love each day, and kiss our babies a million times. I wanted to share this reminder with you today.

What will you do with your one wild and precious life?


The Summer Day

By:Mary Oliver

Who made the world?
Who made the swan, and the black bear?
Who made the grasshopper?
This grasshopper, I mean-
the one who has flung herself out of the grass,
the one who is eating sugar out of my hand,
who is moving her jaws back and forth instead of up and down-
who is gazing around with her enormous and complicated eyes.
Now she lifts her pale forearms and thoroughly washes her face.
Now she snaps her wings open, and floats away.
I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
With your one wild and precious life?





Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE this. I took SO many english classes in high school and college... including two that focused on poetry specifically. Yet I've never read this one. Goes to show how many wonderful poems are out there!

Hanna said...

HI there! I am your newest follower. I found you on Top Baby Blogs. I love finding new blog and your is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

Take a peek at my giveaways if you stop by. Everything is gorgeous, handmade baby stuff. I'm guessing you would like them:)

Downloading said...

info that you give very good ...
I have a little extra for you ...
http://rockersejati1010.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I really see no better choice, but to say yes, I agree. Let's all jump on the bandwagon.
So do you like this movie Inception? I think it's a masterpiece, aside from the cast… they didn't do a very good job, though they tried.
How come some websites, like yours, appear all the way on the bottom of ranks with such engaging content?
Look at me I'm posting comments. Feels good, I hope my ramblings don't get removed by the admins :)

Justice: A decision in your favour.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...