Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pretty. Amazing.


(scroll to the bottom and pause the music player)


"The word pretty is unworthy of everything you will be. No child of mine will be contained in five letters. You will be pretty intelligent, pretty creative, pretty amazing, but you will never be, merely pretty"


This poem by Katie Makkai made me tear up. I know some may think that men don't feel the need to be "pretty". Let's face it, we live in a society obsessed with looks. It doesn't matter if you are a boy or a girl. I hope with all my heart that i can teach my son that there is much, much, MUCH more to a person than their outward appearance. I want him to be as intelligent and creative as he can be, i already know he'll be pretty amazing. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...