Friday, October 29, 2010

A Day in the Life of a Mommy:Part 2

After little man is all played out. It's nap time. Usually 30 mins-2 hours. No rhyme or reason, just random. This is my time to try and clean the house, do laundry, BLOG, maybe reheat that cup of coffee for the second fourth time.

At some point he wakes up again, and it's lunchtime. I try and have J's bottle ready to go when he gets up, which gives me a few minutes to prepare his lunch. This kid loooooves his food, so i have to be quick when he's hungry. Sometimes i give him some fruit, crackers, veggies etc to munch on while i prepare his fave, avocado on toast. I've learned that this is really the best time for me to eat. If he's already eating, i don't have to share my food. Don't get me wrong, i love sharing with poo face, but momma's gotta eat too. Of course, lunch ends eventually and we start the whole washcloth routine again. Eeek.

I try and get him to have some alone playtime while i clean up the ole' lunch mess, it's usually a big one when he's feeding himself. Afterwards, we read a few books, sing a few dozen songs, chase the cat, J uses me as a jungle gym, etc.

At some point in the afternoon, we have an outing, weather it be a walk, a trip to the grocery store, or window shopping. I try to get out with him everyday, I'm sure i get boring. This always turns into quite the trip, between loading and unloading him, and people ooooohing and ahhing over his sweetness, it takes up a chunk of our afternoon.

When we get home, we have some more playtime while we wait for daddy. Sometimes J has a second nap in the afternoon, if his first one was short.

Of course there are about 6 trillion more diaper changes in there, but i don't need to explain the whole ninja diaper changing system again.

When J's daddy gets home, he takes care of the whole dinner, bath, bottle, bedtime routine. That gives me a chance to make us some dinner.

It's not an exciting day, but man oh man, i wouldn't change a thing. Spending every day with my little man, is my little slice of heaven.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...