Thursday, November 25, 2010

Diy: Urn Insert



Being the frugal shmugal lady that i am, i'm SO not about to pay $30+ for a pre-made urn insert. They're super easy to make. Most of the ones sold in stores are cedar, but i preferred the evergreen. (also, cedars in the forest, only have branches about 30+ feet up in the air, so unless you buy time, they are hard to procure) You can purchase the greenery, if you don't have a forrest. After i obtained my pine branches, i headed over to the dollar store, to get some colorfull accents. I chose red and gold. Obvi. Then, all i dod was stick a bunch of trimmed pine branches in my urn (which is full of dirt), then i added my decorative sticks. I think i'm going to get some tall, plain branches, and spray them white, to add some height to my urn. This project cost $4.00. I heart saving moolah!

(i do need to repaint my urn, after only 1 winter the paint started to flake. it is too cold here now to spray paint though)






Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice post. I really love reading these types or articles. I can?t wait to see what others have to say.

Anonymous said...

А! 感谢这个精彩的文章。欣赏你的时间和精力投入到您的博客您提供详尽的资料。

Anonymous said...

لقد تم البحث على شبكة الإنترنت في محاولة للعثور على أفكار حول كيفية الحصول على موقع بلدي بلوق شخصية مشفرة ، وطريقتك في الحاضر وموضوع بشكل رائع. هل هذا رمز نفسك أو هل توظيف المبرمج لانجاز ذلك بالنسبة لك شخصيا؟

Anonymous said...

thanks amigo! great post!.

Anonymous said...

Really like the graphical design and navigation of the site, easy on the eyes and good content. other sites are just way too overflowing with adds.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...