Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Product Review: My Favourite Beauty Products


I've used the same things for years. I wouldn't say there's anything i couldn't live without, because, seriously no beauty products is that important. A few years ago i began having skin sensitivity. I hadn't changed anything i was using, but my doctor said you can become allergic at anytime. So i had to stop using everything on my skin, and start re-introducing one (hypoallergenic) product at a time.

My face lotion; Cetaphil.
It is made for sensitive skin, and doctor recommended. It works great, and the giant container lasts forever.At $10-$12 it's a steal! I usually have to get rid of it before it's even gone. (You should throw out lotions 12 months after opening) They also make a product with UV protection. I don't use that one. Because my makeup has UV protection.


My concealer/foundation; Bare Minerals.


                                        

I had the biggest problem finding a foundation that didn't irritate my skin. It had to be a powder, even the liquid's/cremes made for sensitive skin irritated it.This product has a natural SPF 15, as it is made from minerals. It is great for sensitive skin. I love love love it. It's about $35.00CAN a container, but that will last 6-8 months, depending on how much/how often you use it. You can purchase it at Sephora, and they will test it on you to help you choose the right shade. I also highly recommend the make-up brushes made by Bare Minerals.

My Blush; Bare Minerals

                                                   
I change the blush i use often, I've never had a problem with blush irritating my skin. However my favorite is still Bare Minerals. 

                                          
My Mascara; Maybeline Great Lash





I tried many different kinds. I found out that the only thing that irritated the area around my eyes, in terms of mascara, was the waterproof products. I use this now because it's cheap, and works great. I always use it in "Blackest Black" I have naturally long lashes, but  i still love to curl them and make them really pop.

                                                            

Lip Stuff; Carmex Cherry


                                                              


I never wear lipstick, i generally don't wear coloured gloss.  I have a baby, no time for fanciness. I used to love glossy lips all the time, but when you're kissing a baby 2,000 times a day, it's just silly.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...