Thursday, May 6, 2010

P90X

Today i tried P90x. Just the workout, not the diet. As per my weight loss journey, i need to start weight training again, although it will be far less than i used to.

Pros:
-It is definitely harder than you'd expect an exercise DVD to be.
-The workout's are well explained, and they give you beginner or advanced options.
-There are workouts for every muscle group, as well as stretching, cardio, and yoga.
-Along with a healthy meal plan, i think it would really work, this ain't no sissy workout.
-There are a lot of different workouts.
-I doubt you'd plateau.

Cons:
-I don't like weight training in front of the TV
-The host/trainer only does the workout for 5 seconds, then goes around to "check" on the other people helping to demonstrate, wtf?
-It's annoying to have to pause it when the baby fusses.

Although my legs and butt will be sore tomorrow from today's workout, and it did feel good to train again, i doubt I'll stick with it. I don't really like weight training in front of the TV. Besides the obvious problem of a weight slipping and smashing the TV, I'd rather have headphones on and be focused on what I'm doing. I think I'll check out the different workout options, and then just do them on my own.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...