Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bath Time!



Jackson hearts his bath. He mostly likes to read his bath books, eat bubbles, and splash like a maniac. It is his special time with Daddy at night. (When Daddy is home in time). I love bath time, because, as you can see, it is so darn cute. I love his crazy hair. In 7 days, this little man will be 1. He's getting a haircut on his birthday party day (not on his bday, daddy can't come during the week). He'll look like a big man, and I'll be sad, but we'll eat some cake and snuggle, and I'll be better.

Now that Jackson only drinks from sippy cups, bath time is an essential part of his bedtime routine, it helps him wind down. When he was three months old, we started a bed time routine, bath time around 6:30, nursing, then bed. When he started eating, it was dinner, bath, nursing and bed. I know that for him a bedtime routine that is consistent is key to him sleeping. If we aren't home, he usually has a bath and gets into his jammies wherever we are, and goes straight to bed when we get home. We've almost never wavered from his routine, and now that he's (almost) 1, we don't have to be quite as stringent about it.

The next bedtime obstacle is the sookie (soother). I hate anyone having vices, and I'd rather my little man know how to sooth himself without it (i know a lot of people wait until their child is 2, but i don't see any reason to prolong it, and i'm seriously over trying to find the sookie that he's chucked out of the crib at night). Crazy part is, he only uses it initially to fall asleep. Around 10pm at night, he throws the sookie out of the crib, and doesn't need it for the rest of the night. We're down to one sookie, they've all been lost somehow or another, so once this one is gone, no more sookies. I think it would have been a lot easier to kick, when he was at home with me everyday, but now that I'm working a few days a week, he's at a babysitter/grandmas/aunts house. I suppose i just feel bad if someone else has to be a part of the weaning process, not just for them, but for him. Hopefully he loses the last sookie on a Friday, that way i have 4 days at home with him to try and kick the habit before he's with someone else. Ya hear that Jman, we're going to kick this habit soon. Momma will be your SA sponsor (sookies anonymous)

Could you take a second and vote for me? You can also vote daily by clicking the "Top Baby Blogs" link in my sidebar. THANKS BUDDIES!!!




Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!





Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...